Are you hungry yet?
No matter what kind of food you enjoy, Nashville has it. I have compiled a list of my favorite restaurants broken into subcategories based on which neighborhood in Nashville they call home. Bon Appétit!
- Bella Napoli – Watch the pizza makers whip out wood-fire pizzas, then enjoy it on a brick-lined patio with string lights
- Edgehill Café – Meet music row executives at this favorite hangout with coffee and light lunches
- Taco Mamacita – Creative Mexican-inspired food with an amazing patio
- Barcelona Wine Bar – A high end chain of wine bars that has found a new home in Edgehill village. Authentic Spanish eats and an extensive wine menu.
- Cabana – Upscale Southern food served in your own private cabana. Check out the happy hour from 4-7pm
- Double Dog’s – Dog-friendly sport’s bar with American fare. Get the nachos in the dog bowl!
- Fido – One of Nashville’s favorite hangouts, you might just see a celebrity
- Jackson’s Bar and Bistro – Dishes that are as creative as they are delicious
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – Enjoy creative flavors and local ingredients; a student favorite
- McDougal’s Chicken – Seriously spicy chicken in a comfortable comfortable outdoor environment
- Pancake Pantry – People line up down the street for these delicious pancakes
- Revelator Coffee Company – Serious coffee menu in a bright, modern space
21st Avenue/North Broadway Area
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken – One of the best places to get Nashville’s signature dish, but beware of the line
- Soulshine Pizza Factory – Bar, music venue, and restaurant serving creative pizza
- Tavern – pub-style food in a chic restaurant. Don’t skip the table-side s’mores or the red velvet waffles!
- Union Common – a sophisticated corner restaurant with a plethora of upscale options
- Nada – A brand new restaurant warranting praise for their cocktails and tacos
- Le Sel – A hip French restaurant hidden among a strip of inferior restaurants
- Bongo Java – Hipster coffee spot serving fairtrade and organic meals
- Blvd Nashville – A modern restaurant serving French food with a rotating menu
- International Market & Restaurant – Delicious and authentic Thai food inside an Asian grocery
- PM – A trendy Thai restaurant with surprisingly great burgers
- Proper Bagel – NY style bagel shop with every flavor of cream cheese you can imagine. A popular Instagram destination and hip hangout for weekend brunches
- Desano Pizza – Artisan pizza that maintains a casual feel
- Etch – Generally regarded as the best restaurant in Nashville
- South – Modern Southern food in an industrial space
- Tin Roof – Usually a nighttime music joint that serves good food with a nice patio
- Bartaco – Classic and creative tacos in a bohemian space. Befriend your local bartender!
- Burger Up – Grass-fed burgers with organic sides in an industrial inspired space
- Five Daughter’s Bakery – Home of the decadent one hundred layer donut
- Flipside – Countless variations of chicken and yummy milkshakes
- Frothy Monkey – A comfortable cozy coffeehouse with an impressive dinner menu
- Las Paletas – Flavorful desserts that will make you think popsicles aren’t just for kids
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que – A must for any fans of Southern BBQ
- Smiling Elephant – a local favorite Thai restaurant that is family run with specific hours
- Barista Parlor Golden Sound- Hip industrial venue with artisanal coffee in an old garage
- Biscuit Love – A food truck turned restaurant with creative breakfast dishes. Come here hungry!
- Sambuca – An upscale American restaurant with a live jazz band
- Watermark – Upscale Southern food in a modern space with rooftop seating
- Whiskey Kitchen – Warm wood decor and food typical of a tavern, the nachos are to die for
- Virago – An upscale sushi joint on M street
- Peg Leg Porker – A hidden yet delicious, award winning BBQ restaurant as featured on the Food Network
- Saint Anejo’s – A popular brunch spot with an open air patio
- Moto – An upscale Italian restaurant in the hip M street district
- Milk & Honey – Has a light and airy atmosphere for brunch through dinner, best known for their cookies and milk
- Yazoo Brewery – the best tasting room and brewery tour in town, with a killer menu
Downtown and Germantown
- Nashville Farmer’s Market – A sample of Nashville’s flavors complete with greenery and craft tables as well
- Germantown Café – An eclectic Southern menu with a great view of downtown
- Monell’s – Classic Southern food; you can taste the heart. They also do midnight dinners family style.
- Puckett’s Grocery and Restaurant – Delicious seafood and American food near the river downtown
- Rippy’s BBQ – Live country music and great BBQ with a rooftop deck
- The Mad Platter – Locally sourced food with a menu that changes by the day
- Barista Parlor Germantown – A light and airy location of the Nashville chain fit with full wall garage doors that open up on beautiful days
- Kuchina and Keller – A new restaurant in Germantown serving up Mediterranean cuisine
- Rolf and Daughters – A local favorite for a special occasion dinner
- Henrietta Red – A new seafood restaurant with an incredible raw oyster bar
- City House – a quaint house turned restaurant famous for their pizza topped with egg
- Husk – farm-centered menu in a historic mansion downtown
- The Pharmacy – A beautiful burger parlor with heavy grass-fed options and classic milkshakes
- The Southern – An oyster bar with Southern staples in a trendy space
- Barista Parlor – The original of the trio of coffee shops, has a classic vintage garage vibe
- The Treehouse Restaurant – Exactly what it sounds like, a fun space for a date
- Butcher & Bee – A locally sourced restaurant for fresh and organic dishes
- Cafe Roze – A new light and airy brunch place in this up and coming neighborhood
- Marche Artisan Foods – A weekend favorite for brunch. Beware of the wait!