Why do we love it?
12 South is the most hip neighborhood (besides East Nashville) and has seen a plethora of development in the past few years. This district houses some of the best restaurants in Nashville including: Burger Up, Edley’s, Bartaco, the Flipside, Frothy Monkey, Josephine’s, Las Paletas, Epice, and Urban Grub. Expect this neighborhood to be crawling with people when it is nice out or on the weekend. A consistent crowd pleaser is Amelia’s flower truck, that is usually parked in front of the posh Imogene + Willie or in front of White’s Mercantile. Grab a hundred-layer donut from Five Daughters Bakery and walk to the seasonal lot across from Urban Grub. It hosts a pumpkin patch in the Fall, a Christmas tree lot in the Winter, and a flower nursery in the Spring. Take a stroll from Savant vintage clothing all the way to Sevier Park to experience all that 12 South has to offer. If your wallet can handle it, do some shopping at Emerson Grace, Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James, Imogene + Willie, and MODA boutique.
Places not to miss:
- Bartaco – my favorite tacos and bartenders in Nashville
- Burger Up – an industrial bohemian decor and delicious burgers? YES PLEASE
- Imogene + Willie – this shop is in an old converted gas station, and the apparel is as hip as the location
- Amelia’s Flower Truck – find one of Amelia’s trucks every weekend outside of Imogene + Willie or White’s Mercantile
- The Flipside – enjoy chicken any way you can imagine and a colossal bloody mary like you’ve never seen before
- Edley’s BBQ – A Nashville classic with multiple locations across the city
- Urban Grub – The type of place you take your parents to for good food when they come and visit
- Sevier Park – this park is right after the main stretch of shops and restaurant and is home to many festivals throughout the year
- MODA boutique – This boutique is known for its understated and quality pieces with beautiful jewelry
- Frothy Monkey – A Nashville staple coffee company with three locations throughout town. Try getting dinner here, you won’t regret it.
- Draper James – Reese Witherspoon opened up this store suited for Southern belles
- Five Daughter’s Bakery – Try the hundred layer donut to cure even the biggest sweet tooth
- Las Paletas – Enjoy a popsicle across the street from Sevier Park on a hot summer day to experience heaven
- Firepot Tea Bar – A secluded and relaxing space with fine teas from around the world
- Emerson Grace – This high end boutique is a staple of 12 South
- Savant Vintage – Peruse both downstairs and upstairs to find your new favorite outfit or home essentials
- Vinnie Louise – A newcomer to 12 South, shop the wildly affordable boutique to be the best dressed of your friend group
- White’s Mercantile – home goods have never been cuter than in this renovated gas station