Why Do We Love It?
This historical and up and coming neighborhood right off of Dixie close to downtown West Palm Beach is chalk full of potential. The neighborhood found itself on the map of hipsters and millennials when the Grilled Cheese Gallery gained popularity and moved into an old gallery space right on the main street. Since then, the neighborhood has undergone a beautification project that has attracted new galleries, businesses, and restaurants. The most notable of these are the popular burger join, Relish, right on the corner of Northwood and Dixie, across the street from the inlet. Wanderer Bracelets have also found a home in the Northwood neighborhood right down the street from one of he most authentic coffee houses in the county, Harold’s Coffee Lounge. Harold’s is a far cry from the more upscale and hip coffee shops in the downtown area such as Subculture and Johan’s Joe, but the staff feels like family and the decor feels like your first studio apartment right after college.
Interior design firms, galleries, and antique stores are the main attraction on Northwood street. There is no shortage of furniture as old as the neighborhood itself, historical trinkets, colorful accessories, and professional designers. Another thing Northwood has to offer is authentic ethnic cuisine. This is no surprise because of the diversity surrounding he village, but the food is light years more authentic than the restaurants found downtown. for a sophisticated night out, check out Centro Lounge & Piano Bar after your five star meal at Table 427. Instagramers will be in heaven with all of the muraled walls lining the main street in patterns and colors that breath life into the village. Looking for a unique date night or adventure, join the community for Northwood’s ArtNight Out on select dates throughout the summer and fall where the galleries stay open to the public for you to peruse, drink, and be merry.
Places not to miss:
- Harold’s Coffee Lounge – this homey coffee shop provides the perfect mid-antiquing pick me up
- Relish – this longstanding restaurant has burgers to boast
- Grilled Cheese Gallery – get the Pimp Daddy or Southern Belle, you won’t be disappointed
- Wanderer Bracelets – the coolest and most earth-friendly bracelet shop for all your gift needs this season
- Centro Lounge & Piano Bar – feel like your in a big city with this cosmopolitan piano bar for a classy night out
- Malakor Thai Cafe – some of the most authentic Thai food in West Palm Beach
- Table 427 – the nicest restaurant Northwood has to offer
- Circa Who – An adorable boutique and antique store
- Lily + Co. – A boutique with gifts and furniture for all styles
- My New Old Chair – My favorite antique shop that specializes in, you guessed it, chairs!
- Arthouse 429 – A nice gallery on the main street that hosts ArtNight Out festivities
- James Sagui Woodworking Gallery – Amazing woodworking is on display and commissions are welcomed
- The Painted Mermaid – A boutique store with all your home good needs with a seaside twist