Why Do We Love It?
While I was in Portland, it was my goal to embark on my own self guided brewery tour to taste the best craft beers in the nation, at that’s exactly what I did. The Pearl District is the brewery hub of Portland on the west side of the city. This neighborhood include nationally known breweries like 10 Barrel Brewing and Rogue Brewing, but also houses newcomers like Breakside and Deschutes Brewery. Beer isn’t the only thing this neighborhood has to offer. This neighborhood hosts the monthly art crawl through its renowned art galleries the first week of the month. Enjoy art, free booze, and the Portland nightlife. 23rd avenue is home to the newest up and coming shopping street in Portland. Travel over 10 blocks headed down 23rd avenue and you’ll pass staples such as Aesop’s and Blue Star Donut, which are housed in quaint old Portland classic homes. There are also specialty shops and restaurants dispersed throughout. The best part? Everything is on the same one street, no need to wander. Want more options for drinking your way through Portland? Visit A Beer Lover’s Guide to Portland.
Places not to miss:
- 10 Barrel Brewing – my favorite brewery in all of Portland
- Powell’s City of Books – this famous book lover’s spot spans a whole block
- Breakside Brewing – this newcomer boasts a giant pretzel that pairs perfectly with some of the best brews in town
- Deschutes Brewery & Public House – A tourist favorite for happy hour and lunch time
- Pho Van – A local favorite Portland staple for pho
- Rogue Ales Distillery & Public House – Rogue distributes all over the country and you’ll know why after stopping by their tasting room
- Oven and Shaker – A tourist favorite spot for brunch and lunch on weekends
- BridgePort BrewPub – another of Portland’s famous brewpubs
- Sinju Sushi Bar & Grill – Probably the freshest sushi I have ever had
- NOLA Doughnuts – Pair all that beer you’ll be drinking with a decadent donut