Why Do We Love It?
Pike Place was made famous for its market, but that’s not the only thing it has to offer. This neighborhood is THE place for foodies. Head over to Beecher’s for the freshest mac n cheese of your entire life. This place used penne pasta and locally sourced cheeses to make this decadent twist on a childhood favorite. Having a rough day? Go to Rachel’s Ginger Beer for an adult beverage made with fresh ginger beer. The only drawback, you can’t walk around with your drink, so enjoy it in store. At night, when the Pike Place Market sign is nice and fluorescent red, head to Shug’s Soda Fountain and Ice Cream for their s’mores milkshake after a day full of walking and eating. Need a break from all of the shopping? Take a few steps down from the market towards the pier and you’ll find the Seattle Beer Company. Make friends with the bartender and avoid the tourists at this local favorite with an eclectic selection of on tap brews.
Of course, a visit isn’t complete without walking through the market itself. Keep your eyes open for fresh fruit and vegetables and the famous Seattle seafood.
Places not to miss:
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese – the mac and cheese is to die for
- Shug’s Soda Fountain + Ice Cream – a late night treat with a side of the picturesque market? I’m in.
- Seattle Beer Company – This little brewpub offers beers from all around the Northwest
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer – An adult’s dreamland, try any of Rachel’s spiked drinks for an afternoon pick me up
- Pike Place Farmer’s Market
- Metsker Maps of Seattle – This store has everything you could imagine including gits for the pickiest of people
- Old Seattle Paperworks – Who doesn’t love a good paper and printing store
- Perrenial Tea Room – Relax indoors at this tea room that smells as delicious as the tea tastes
- Storyville Coffee Company – A Seattle staple, try the coffee that rivals Starbucks
- Starbucks – The very first Starbucks is a must see right across the street from the market
- The Pink Door – This restaurant is perfect for a nice date night out