- HI Portland Hostel – a great place to meet fellow travelers. I was in a historic house portion of the hostel. Great bathrooms, delicious cafe in the main lobby, and within walking distance of multiple neighborhoods.
- Pints Brewing
- Breakside Brewing – great new brewhouse close to the Pearl district with a MONSTER pretzel
- Blue Star Donut – supposed rival of Voodoo doughnuts
- Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade– Enjoy free games on Thursdays
- First Thursday Art Crawl in the Pearl District
- Tasty n Alder – one of the best and busiest brunches in Portland
- Powell’s Books – live by the color coated system
- Deschutes brewery – a very popular brewery right next to a major shopping area. Stop in for lunch.
- 10 barrel brewing – my favorite brewery in Portland. The female brewmaster names her beers hilarious things and the staff is extremely friendly and lets you try as many beers as you would like.
- Rogue brewery – Right across the street from 10 Barrel, perfect for an afternoon pub crawl
- Fat Heads Brewery – will soon be changing its name, but very large selection of brews
- Bamboo Sushi – sustainable sushi with a great environment and sushi bar
- Voodoo Doughnuts – crowded on Saturdays, but the sugar rush was worth the wait
- Portland Saturday Market – starts in early March and proceeds until Christmas Eve. Find jewelry and arts and crafts for everyone.
- Knot Springs – they have springs that overlook Portland if you need a getaway from your vacation
- Base Camp Brewery – home of the yearly Collabofest in March. A laid back brewery in the heart of East Portland with an adventurous feel.
- Wayfinder brewery – A comfortable brewery in the hip industrial area with amazing elevated porch for sunny days